As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Tunneling Support and Street Maintenance
- Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 4am to midnight, and Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained, and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. This closure is a public safety measure to support ongoing excavation and construction.
- Intermittent single lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. may be in place to support construction. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work hours will remain extended at the Western Staging Yard. Support for cross passage excavation will continue for 24 hours a day.
- Southbound S. Oxford Ave. will be intermittently reduced to a single lane, continuing through August 2020. The closure will be in place from 7am to 3:30pm, and 9pm to 6am.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. – Hauling, Deliveries and Tunneling Support
- Beginning Friday, August 28 and continuing through Saturday, February 27, 2021, Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Orange Dr. north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed. Click here for more information.
- Hauling and deliveries to and from both La Brea Yards will continue as tunneling progresses underneath Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 6am to 4pm and 7pm to 2am, Monday to Saturday.
- Intermittent lane closures to Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. may be in place to support construction. Work hours are 6am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Daily lane closures supporting station construction will continue through the end of 2020. Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to a single lane in each direction between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. This traffic control will be implemented on a daily basis, from 6am to 4pm, and 9pm to 5am.
Wilshire Blvd./Rimpau Blvd. – Center Enclosure, Material Deliveries and Underground Construction
- The work zone on the west side of the Wilshire Blvd./Rimpau Blvd. intersection is anticipated to be in place through September 2020. Wilshire Blvd. is reduced to two lanes in each direction between June St. and Muirfield Rd.
- Concrete and material deliveries are anticipated to continue in August 2020.
- Wilshire Blvd. may be intermittently reduced to a single lane in each direction to support ongoing concrete pours into the enclosure.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. – Instrumentation and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may be in place to support instrumentation installation, environmental testing, and street maintenance. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm, Saturday to Sunday.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Station Construction, Hauling and Concrete Pouring
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day to support construction.
- Beginning Saturday, August 8 and continuing for the duration of one year, Wilshire Blvd. between San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Fairfax Ave. will see no traffic impacts, however, a K-Rail work zone will be implemented on the southwest corner of Wilshire and Fairfax. Click here for more information.
- Continuing in August 2020: the alleyway between Johnnies and the 99-Cent Only Store will be intermittently closed for one year. This closure will support construction activities for the future Fairfax Station. Access to the 99-Cent Store will be maintained from Fairfax Ave. and 6th St. Incoming traffic will be able to enter intermittently from Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures may be in place to support deck panel maintenance and investigations in the Wilshire/Fairfax Station area. Anticipated work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, and 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
- Orange Grove Ave. will continue to be closed south of Wilshire Blvd. This closure is anticipated to be in place until January 2022.
- The Wilshire Blvd. south sidewalk between Orange Grove Ave. and Ogden Dr. will be closed for the duration of one year.
- Concrete and material deliveries will continue this week. This work is supported by intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd.
Wilshire Blvd./Crescent Heights and Wilshire Blvd./La Jolla Ave. – Utility and Tunnel Investigation
- Tunnel investigation work at Wilshire Blvd./La Jolla Ave. will continue this week. This work is generally implemented during off-peak hours 9am to 3:30pm and 8pm to 6am on weekdays, and 7am to 11pm on weekends. The traffic control to support this work will be one or two-lane closures along Wilshire Blvd. between San Diego Way and San Vicente Blvd.
- Beginning Monday, August 1, and continuing through Friday, August 14, Wilshire Blvd. between La Jolla Ave. and San Diego Way may be reduced to one lane in each direction. Work hours will be 9am to 3:30pm and 8pm to 6am Monday through Friday, and 7am to 11pm on Saturday and Sunday. This traffic control will support ongoing mitigation work and after August 8, removal of the existing work zone.
- Continuing through August 14, Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between San Diego Way and La Jolla Ave. Two K-Rail enclosures have been implemented in the Wilshire Blvd./Crescent Heights Blvd. area. Click here for more information.
- Beginning Saturday, August 22, a K-Rail enclosure will be implemented within the center lanes of the Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. intersection. The enclosure is expected to be in place for approximately 2 months and will support ongoing tunnel and mitigation work underneath Wilshire Blvd. All left turns within the Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. intersection will be closed while the K-Rail is in place. Directional closures will be implemented on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Station construction continues at the staging yards at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr. Work will be conducted 24 hours a day within the staging yards.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place to support instrumentation work, road restoration and utility maintenance in the Wilshire/La Cienega area.
- A permanent K-Rail enclosure is in place at Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr. This enclosure in be in place to support ongoing construction activities underneath Wilshire Blvd. Click here for more information.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support construction activities in the Gale staging yard. Work hours will be Monday through Saturday, 4am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Work hours within the staging yards and on Wilshire Blvd. will continue 24 hours a day.
- Ongoing concrete and material deliveries into the Wilshire/La Cienega Station box are anticipated to continue this week. This work will be conducted from the Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr. closure, and from the Gale Yard. Anticipated work hours are 4am to 6pm.
- Additional intermittent lane reductions to the west of this enclosure may be in place during off-peak hours. This traffic control will intermittently reduce Wilshire Blvd. to two lanes in each direction between Stanley Dr. and Gale Dr. Intermittent directional bump-outs may be utilized, which may reduce Wilshire to a single lane in one direction.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!