The design-build contractor is continuing with the installation of geotechnical instruments along the tunnel alignment and around the station box area in order to monitor ground movement, settlement, and other geological impacts from February 2020 through November 2020. These installations will continue for several months in coordination with other construction activities and will be installed within the public right-of-way and within privately owned properties. This work will require intermittent closures of lanes, sidewalks, crosswalks, public parking, and alleys.
- Geotechnical installations to be completed on Wilshire Blvd., Young Dr., Lasky Dr., S. Moreno Dr., Charleville Blvd., and Spalding Dr.
- Installations from February 2020 through November 2020
- Anticipated schedule for Young Dr.: 2/18 – 2/21
- Anticipated schedule for Lasky Dr.: 2/19 – 3/6
- Anticipated schedule for Spalding Dr.: 3/9 – 3/18
- Anticipated schedule for S. Moreno Dr.: 2/15 – 2/29
- Work Hours
- Wilshire Blvd.: Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm
- S. Moreno Dr.: Saturdays, 8am – 6pm
- All other streets: Monday – Saturday, 8am – 6pm
- No work will take place on City Holidays
- Intermittent lane, sidewalk, crosswalk, and public parking closures will be required for this work during work hours within the area of Moreno Dr. on the west, Wilshire Blvd. on the north, La Cienega Blvd. on the east, and as far south as Charleville Blvd.
- Permit Only parking may be restricted on Young Dr., Lasky Dr., and Spaulding Dr.
- The contractor will coordinate closely with private property managers and/or owners for access.
- Flaggers will be available at alleys
- Two lanes in each direction will be maintained for day work on Wilshire Blvd.
- Young Dr., Lasky Dr., Charleville Blvd., and Spalding Dr. may be reduced to one lane with flaggers available at both ends to allow through traffic in both directions.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
*Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Additional closures may be necessary. Detour routes are subject to change at the discretion of the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation.
From the current terminus at Wilshire/Western, the Purple Line Extension will extend westward for about nine miles with seven new stations. Visit metro.net/purple to sign-up for construction updates and to learn more.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!