As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Beginning on Friday, January 8, the contractor is anticipated to reimplement closures of Constellation Blvd. to facilitate the completion of piling and decking during the low-traffic conditions due to the COVID-19 Safer-at-Home restrictions. Constellation Blvd. is anticipated to be fully restored and opened to traffic by April 5.
Closures include a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week full closure of Constellation Blvd. west of Avenue of the Stars, full weekend closures of the intersection at Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars, a partial lane closure east of Avenue of the Stars on weekdays, and full closures east of Avenue of the Stars on weekends.
- Full closure on Constellation Blvd. west of Avenue of the Stars (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Partial lane closures on weekdays on Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars
- Full weekend closures of the intersection at Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars and the area east of Avenue of the Stars (Fridays 8pm to Mondays 6am)
- Closures anticipated to begin Friday, January 8, 2021 through Sunday, April 4, 2021*
- No vehicle access will be permitted on Constellation Blvd. west of Avenue of the Stars up to Solar Way. Local access west of Solar Way will be maintained.
- Driveways into Westfield Mall and Constellation Place will remain accessible.
- The Constellation Blvd. driveway into 1999 Avenue of the Stars (SunAmerica) will be closed. Access will be maintained on Avenue of the Stars only.
- Weekday access on Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars to the Century Park driveway will be permitted. However, there will be no access on weekends from 8pm Fridays through 6am Mondays.
- Avenue of the Stars will remain accessible for northbound/southbound traffic on weekdays only.
- The intersection at Constellation Blvd and Avenue of the Stars will be closed each weekend. Vehicle detours will be in place to direct traffic around the closure via Olympic Blvd., Century Park West, Santa Monica Blvd. and Century Park East.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on Constellation Blvd. from Solar Way to Century Park East.
- Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Los Angeles.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details.