The design-build contractor is continuing with the installation of geotechnical instruments along the tunnel alignment from Century City to Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. in Beverly Hills. Ten-foot poles with geotechnical instruments will be temporarily installed on public sidewalks within this area in order to monitor ground movement, settlement, and other geological impacts during major construction. Each pole and instrument will be in place for approximately one month before being removed and relocated. Each pole's installation and removal will require intermittent closures of traffic lanes, sidewalks, on-street parking spaces, and alleys. Sidewalks will continue to be accessible once poles are in place.
- Ten-foot geotechnical instrumentation poles to be installed on sidewalks on Wilshire Blvd., Young Dr., Lasky Dr., S. Moreno Dr., Charleville Blvd., Spalding Dr., Linden Dr., Swall Dr., Wetherly Dr., Oakhurst Dr., Bedford Dr., N. Canon Dr., Beverly Dr., Doheny Dr., and Brighton Wy. (see pink area on map).
- Beginning March 2021 through late 2022*
- Weekdays: 8am to 6pm
- Saturdays: 8am to 7pm
- No work will take place on City Holidays
- Intermittent lane, sidewalk, on-street parking spaces, and alleys closures will be required during installation and removal of poles.
- Two lanes in each direction will be maintained for day work on Wilshire Blvd.
- Young Dr., Lasky Dr., S. Moreno Dr., Charleville Blvd., Spalding Dr., Linden Dr., Swall Dr., Wetherly Dr., Oakhurst Dr., Bedford Dr., N. Canon Dr., Beverly Dr., Doheny Dr., Brighton Wy. and other streets adjacent to Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to one lane. Flaggers will be available at both ends to allow through traffic in both directions during installation and removal of poles.
- *Construction is dynamic and subject to change.
- All work will receive necessary permits and approvals from the City of Beverly Hills prior to the start of work.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone or protected using a canopy.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- For urgent construction-related matters needing immediate attention please call the Metro 24/7 Hotline at 213.922.6934 or City of Beverly Hills Customer Service at 310.285.2467.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details.