As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Beginning Friday, February 19 at 9pm, and continuing through Monday, February 22 at 6am, multiple lanes within the Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea intersection will be closed. This closure will support sewer maintenance on the north side of the intersection. South Sycamore Ave. and South Orange Dr. will also be closed at Wilshire Blvd. Left turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound La Brea Ave. will be restricted over this time.
- Beginning Friday, February 19 at 9pm, and continuing through Monday, February 22 at 6am.
- Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between Mansfield Ave. and Detroit St.
- Left turns will be restricted on westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Orange Dr., Sycamore Ave., and La Brea Ave.
- Northbound La Brea Ave. will be reduced to a single lane between 8th St. and 6th St.
- Southbound La Brea Ave. will be reduced to two lanes between 6th St. and Wilshire Blvd.
- South Sycamore Ave. and South Orange Dr. will be closed at Wilshire Blvd., to about 100 feet south of Wilshire Blvd.
- Access to the strip mall on the southeast corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Sycamore Ave. will be maintained from Wilshire Blvd.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
- Access to the north and south crosswalk at Sycamore Ave. will be maintained.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!