Workers will place a concrete overlay on the 1st Street Bridge deck’s eastbound lanes beginning Thursday, April 1. Restoring the bridge deck will include placing reinforcing steel and striping.
Where: 1st Street Bridge between Vignes Street and Mission Road
When: April 1 to April 11, 2021; from 6am to 7pm
- Vehicle traffic will continue to be limited to one lane, and there will be intermittent lane closures to complete the work.
- These activities will include weekend work on Saturday, April 10. Workers anticipate removing the K-rail once the April 10 work is complete.
- The work hours are 6am to 7pm, Monday through Friday, with weekend work performed during the same hours.
- Workers may use a forklift, pickup trucks, utility trucks, semi-truck and trailers, concrete pumps, cement trucks, and other related equipment. Some heavy equipment may cause intermittent noise.
- Work is limited to the deck surface of the 1st Street Bridge’s eastbound lanes and will impact traffic flow there.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions. For questions or complaints, contact our project hotline at 213.922.6934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.