- February 20, 2020
- Metro to Offer Free Rides on Election Day, March 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) will be providing free rides on Election Day, March 3, on all Metro buses and trains. In addition, two of Metro’s facilities located in downtown Los Angeles and El Monte will be used as official vote centers from Feb. 22 to March 3 for voters who want to cast their vote early.
- Keywords: Free rides, Election Day, vote centers
- February 14, 2020
- Crime Down on L.A. Metro System Over Past Five Years
Crime on L.A. County’s Metro Bus and Rail system has decreased 17 percent over the last five years, according to new crime figures released by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- Keywords: Crime, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Long Beach Police Department
- February 11, 2020
- U.S. Department of Transportation Commits Nearly $1.3 Billion in New Funding for Section Three of the Metro Purple Line Extension to Westwood
A federal grant totaling nearly $1.3 billion to help build the third and final phase of the Metro Purple Line Extension to Westwood/VA Hospital in Westwood was sent today by the U.S. Department of Transportation to Capitol Hill, the last step before the agreement is signed between the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro).
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, Federal Transit Administration, Department of Transportation
- January 27, 2020
- Metro to Update Community on Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) invites the public to attend upcoming community meetings to learn about the latest project information and environmental studies on the Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 Project.
- Keywords: East Transit Corridor Phase 2 Project, Gold Line, public meeting