- September 25, 2020
- Metro to begin restoration work on Crenshaw Boulevard at 48th Street on September 28 as part of construction of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) contractor for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project — Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) — will implement full directional street closures on Crenshaw Boulevard at 48th Street to continue street restoration work beginning Monday, September 28.
The 10 days of continuous full street closures will be conducted in two phases and will include demolition, excavation, backfill and paving at the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and 48th Street.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Crenshaw Blvd, street closures
- September 25, 2020
- Metro Board Approves Comprehensive Moving Beyond Sustainability Plan
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors approves a bold, comprehensive Moving Beyond Sustainability Plan for the region.
- Keywords: Moving Beyond Sustainability Plan, MBS
- September 24, 2020
- Metro Board Approves Bold 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today approved the updated 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan, a $400-billion, 30-year transportation blueprint for the region, following a 45-day public review period to gather additional comments from the public.
- Keywords: Long Range Transportation Plan, COVID-19
- September 23, 2020
- L.A. Metro To Temporarily Suspend Westside Bike Share System to Replace Bike Share Fleet Beginning September 28
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will temporarily close 58 Metro Bike Share Stations on the Westside beginning September 28 to replace the agency’s dockless Smart Bikes with Classic bikes and stations. Metro Bike Share program members in the Westside communities of Venice, Palms, Playa Vista and Santa Monica that depend on Metro’s bike share services for transportation should make alternate arrangements until the December/January timeframe, when Metro’s fleet replacement is expected to be complete.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share, Smart Bikes
- September 22, 2020
- L.A. Metro to Hold Four Educational Virtual Public Workshops On its Traffic Reduction Study from September 30 through October 6
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold four virtual public workshops, from September 30 through October 6, to provide details on the agency’s Traffic Reduction Study. The approximately two-year study will focus on determining if, where and how a potential pilot program that includes congestion pricing and more high-quality transportation options could reduce traffic to make it easier for everyone to travel, regardless of how they travel. Ultimately a recommended pilot will be brought to the Metro Board, in partnership with one or more cities, for their consideration.
- Keywords: Public workshops, Traffic Reduction Study
- September 15, 2020
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meeting Sept. 22 to Discuss the Agency’s Goods Movement Strategic Plan
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a live interactive telephone town hall meeting from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 22, to discuss Metro’s Goods Movement Strategic Plan and the agency’s direction on improving disparities, especially those that are most impacted by goods movement activities.
- Keywords: Town Hall Meeting, Goods Movement Strategic Plan, Metro
- September 14, 2020
- L.A. Metro Offers $25,000 Reward for Capture of Suspect in Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Shooting
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person who shot two L.A. County Sheriff’s Department deputies in their parked patrol vehicle at the Compton “A” Line (Blue) Station on Saturday evening, September 12.
- Keywords: $25,000 Reward, Metro
- September 11, 2020
- Metro to Begin Street Restoration on Crenshaw Blvd. Beginning on Monday, Sept. 14, as Part of Crenshaw/LAX Line Construction Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the contractor for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC), will implement daily closures on Crenshaw Boulevard in the Hyde Park area from Monday, September 14 through Friday, September 25, 2020 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Crenshaw Blvd
- September 10, 2020
- LA Metro Receives $700,000 FTA Grant to Develop a Pilot Travel Rewards Program
The Federal Transit Administration announced that it has awarded $700,000 to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) to develop a $1.3-million Travel Rewards Research Pilot Project. The approximately $1.3-million budget includes $412,000 of in-kind development from private technology partners.
- Keywords: FTA grant, Travel Rewards Research Pilot Project
- September 09, 2020
- LA Metro Commits to National Effort to Ensure the Health and Safety of Returning Public Transit Riders
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has joined the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and transit agencies across the nation in committing to specific measures to help ensure the safe return of transit riders as the U.S. recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Keywords: APTA, Mobility Recovery & Restoration Task Force, COVID-19
- September 08, 2020
- LA Metro’s Recovery Task Force reschedules second virtual public meeting to Oct. 1 on how best to recover from COVID-19
Editor’s Note: The meeting scheduled for Sept. 10 has been rescheduled to Oct. 1.
- Keywords: Recovery Task Force, COVID-19, public meeting
- September 03, 2020
- TAP card is now on iPhone and Apple Watch
Ride Metro and 25 transit agencies in L.A. County with just your iPhone and Apple Watch
- Keywords: TAP, iPhone, Apple Watch
- August 31, 2020
- Metro Board Moves Forward Major Capital Projects
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors has moved several major capital projects forward this month, including the Sepulveda Transit Corridor Project, the Crenshaw Northern Extension and other transit projects that will transform mobility options in L.A. County.
- Keywords: Sepulveda Transit Corridor Project, Crenshaw Northern Extension, Purple Line Extension Project, I-5 North HOV and Truck Lane Enhancement Project, High Desert Intercity Rail Corridor