- April 29, 2019
- Metro Celebrates the 80th Anniversary of Union Station
As Union Station turns 80 years old, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) invites the public to celebrate the last of the great train stations in the United States on Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4. Lots of activities are planned, including cultural displays, concerts, guided tours, arts and crafts, model train exhibits, train memorabilia, live music and fun activities for the whole family.
- Keywords: Union Station, 80th Anniversary
- April 29, 2019
- Metro celebrates U.S. Small Business Week, April 29 to May 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Diversity & Economic Opportunity Department (DEOD) invites the public to join a celebration of U.S. Small Business Week, April 29 to May 3, with a series of workshops to provide small business owners with the resources and tools to prepare them to work on Metro projects or be hired to do work for the agency.
- Keywords: Small Business Week, DEOD
- April 25, 2019
- Metro Joins L.A. County Transportation Municipal Operators and Community Stakeholders for National Get on Board Day, Thursday, April 25
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today joined L.A. County transportation municipal operators and elected officials to urge the public to “Get on Board” public transportation as part of a nationwide awareness day designed to increase support for public transportation among riders and non-riders, elected officials and community stakeholders.
- Keywords: Get on Board Day, APTA
- April 16, 2019
- L.A. County Officials to Host Pre-Denim Day Sexual Harassment Community Event at Union Station on April 17
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), Peace Over Violence, and other local stakeholders are hosting “It’s Off Limits: Building Sexual Harassment-Free Zones in Los Angeles,” an official free pre-Denim Day event at Union Station on Wednesday, April 17.
- Keywords: Denim Day, community event, Union Station
- April 08, 2019
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meeting April 10 to Discuss the Agency’s FY20 Budget and Fare Structure
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a live, interactive telephone town hall meeting from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10, to discuss Metro’s Fiscal Year 2020 budget and the agency’s fare structure.
- Keywords: Telephone Town Hall, FY20 budget, fare structure
- April 04, 2019
- L.A. Metro to Provide Free Rides on Earth Day, Monday, April 22
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors has approved free rides on the Metro Bus, Rail, and Bike Share System on Earth Day, Monday, April 22.
- Keywords: Free rides, Earth Day, climate change
- April 03, 2019
- Ribbon-cutting held for light rail yard that will serve the Crenshaw/LAX Line
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) joined federal, state and local elected officials and community leaders today to celebrate the completion of the Southwestern Yard, designed and constructed to attain LEED Silver Certification with many “green” features.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX, Southwestern Yard, Green Line