- November 28, 2018
- L.A. Metro Builds New Landscaped Plaza in Front of Lankershim Train Depot in North Hollywood
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has gone ‘back to the future’ in North Hollywood by adding a new landscaped plaza in front of the historic Lankershim Train Depot. Metro riders, residents and visitors can now gather in a lush garden just steps away from the popular Metro Orange and Red Line transit stations.
- Keywords: Lankershim Train Depot, North Hollywood
- November 28, 2018
- L.A. Metro Receives $100 Million Allocation from the Federal Transit Administration for Purple Line Extension Section Three
Signaling a significant step in the path toward obtaining a Full Funding Grant Agreement early next year, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation (Metro) has received an allocation of $100 million from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for the third and final section of the Metro Purple Line Extension Project to Westwood/VA Hospital.
- Keywords: Federal Transit Administration, Purple Line Extension, Westwood/VA Hospital
- November 14, 2018
- LA Metro Launches Accelerator Forum Series with “Think You Can Solve Traffic?” Challenge to Innovators
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has announced a series of forums designed to harness the ingenuity of private sector innovators and entrepreneurs to solve some of L.A. County’s most pressing transportation challenges and to help transform its transportation network.
- Keywords: Forum, Private Sector, Traffic Congestion
- November 13, 2018
- L.A. Metro to Hold Media Conference Call on New Unsolicited Proposals Innovation Forum Series Focused on Improving Traffic
Media Advisory - Unsolicited Proposals Forum Series
- Keywords: Media Conference Call, Metro Accelerator Forum Series, LACMTA, Think You Can Solve Traffic?
- November 08, 2018
- L.A. Metro Receives U.S. Department of Labor Award for Hiring Military Veterans to Support L.A. County’s Rapidly Growing Transportation Industry
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has received a prestigious award from the U.S. Department of Labor for its ambitious program to hire military veterans to support L.A. County’s rapidly growing public transportation industry.
- Keywords: U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans
- November 03, 2018
- First Metro Train Cars Delivered to New Train Yard for Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) delivered four light rail cars to the new Southwestern Yard (SWY) to begin testing at the facility, which is expected to be completed and operational in 2019. The facility will house rail vehicles for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, which is in the final construction stages.
- Keywords: Train cars, Crenshaw/LAX
- November 01, 2018
- Metro to Offer Free Rides on Election Day, Nov. 6
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Board of Directors has approved providing free rides on Election Day, November 6, on all Metro buses and trains.
- Keywords: Free rides, Election Day, Board of Directors