- October 30, 2018
- Media Advisory: Photo Opportunity/Media Availability
First Metro Rail Cars Being Delivered to New Rail Yard for Crenshaw/LAX Light Rail Project
- October 30, 2018
- L.A. Metro to Hold Community Meetings in November for L.A. River Path Project
Measure M-Funded Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) invites the public to a series of community open house meetings in November for the L.A. River Path Project, a high-priority eight-mile, shared-use bicycle, and pedestrian path extension through downtown Los Angeles and the City of Vernon. Interested members of the community can learn about the project team’s early concepts for the path and provide their input.
- October 25, 2018
- Metro to Offer Free Rides on Election Day, Nov. 6
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Board of Directors today approved providing free rides on Election Day, November 6, on all Metro buses and trains.
- Keywords: Free rides, Election Day, Board of Directors
- October 25, 2018
- Go Metro Dodger Stadium Express to World Series
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will provide Dodger Stadium Express bus service for the World Series against the Boston Red Sox beginning this Friday for Games 3, 4 and 5 (if necessary) at Dodger Stadium. Baseball fans are encouraged to take Metro to the game to beat traffic during rush-hour games.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium Express, World Series, Union Station, Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- October 17, 2018
- Tunneling Officially Begins for First Section of Metro Purple Line Extension Project
In a major milestone for construction of the first section of the Metro Purple Line Extension Project, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has begun tunneling work underneath Wilshire Boulevard and La Brea Avenue.
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, Tunnel Boring Machines
- October 15, 2018
- Avoid Traffic, Parking Challenges at Taste of Soul “Come Feel the Love” Festival on Saturday, Oct. 20
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is encouraging the public to “Go Metro” to the 13th Annual Taste of Soul “Come Feel the Love” on Saturday, October 20, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Metro is The Taste of Soul’s official transportation partner.
- Keywords: Taste of Soul, Crenshaw District
- October 12, 2018
- L.A. Metro Breaks Ground on Metro Orange Line Improvements Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today broke ground on the Metro Orange Line Improvements Project, which will improve bus speeds and safety, and prepare the bus rapid transit line in the San Fernando Valley for a future conversion to light rail.
- Keywords: Orange Line Improvements Project, San Fernando Valley
- October 11, 2018
- Measure M, SB 1-Funded Project - L.A. Metro to Break Ground on Metro Orange Line Improvements Project
Media Advisory/Photo Opportunity
What: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) officials will announce the groundbreaking for the Metro Orange Line Improvements Project, a new Measure M and SB-1 funded initiative that will improve bus speeds, safety and prepare the San Fernando Valley’s premier Bus Rapid Transit Line for future conversion to light rail.
- October 09, 2018
- Metro Expands All-Door Boarding to Wilshire Boulevard Metro Rapid Line 720 Effective Sunday, Oct. 14
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will expand all-door boarding to the busy Wilshire Boulevard Metro Rapid Line 720 to speed up transit trips and reduce the time buses dwell at stops beginning Sunday, Oct. 14.
- Keywords: Rapid Line, All-Door Boarding, Wilshire Boulevard
- October 08, 2018
- Three Artists to Lead Walk-Through Tour of Vibrant New Art Exhibition on Energy and Movement at Union Station
In celebration of National Arts and Humanities Month, artists Hadley Holliday, Nikko Mueller and Eamon Ore-Giron will lead a walk-through at 10 a.m., Saturday, October 14, of their artwork as part of Metro Art’s newest art exhibition on display in the Union Station Passageway Gallery, Far Out: Movement through Form and Color.
- Keywords: Metro Art, Union Station, Tours
- October 04, 2018
- COAST, Santa Monica’s Open Streets Event Presented by Metro Is This Sunday, October 7
Experience the Streets of Santa Monica Car-Free with Music, Dance, Large-Scale Art Installations and Activities.
- Keywords: Santa Monica, Open Streets Event, COAST