Thursday, April 14, 2016
Scheduled to Begin at 12:30 PM Or Immediately Following AAC Meeting
Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC)
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING
One Gateway Plaza
3rd Floor, Gateway Conference Room
1. CALL TO ORDER, Ellen Blackman, Chair
2, ACTION: Approval of March 10, 2016 Meeting Minutes, Ellen Blackman, Chair
3. ACTION: Approve DRAFT May 2016 AAC Meeting Agenda, Ellen Blackman, Chair
4. NEW BUSINESS: Raised Subsequent to the Posting of the Agenda, Ellen Blackman, Chair
5. PUBLIC COMMENT, Ellen Blackman, Chair
6. ADJOURNMENT, Ellen Blackman, Chair
TO REQUEST ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE AGENDAS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, PLEASE CALL 213.922.6919. LIVE CAPTION IS PROVIDED AT EVERY COMMITTEE MEETING.
Meeting Minutes for March 10, 2016
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Accessibility Advisory Steering Committee
1. Call To Order
Chair Ellen Blackman called the meeting to order at 12:47 p.m.
2. Action: Approval of January 14, 2016 and February 11, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Chair Ellen Blackman asked for a motion to approve the January meeting minutes and February meeting minutes. Ben Rockwell motioned the approval of the minutes and Linda Keeney seconded the motion for approval of both meetings minutes. Minutes were approved.
3. ACTION: Approve DRAFT April 2016 AAC Meeting Agenda
Items approved by the Steering Committee for future meetings include pedestrian safety, Gold Line station updates, Access Services updates, and other safety projects regarding elevators. Staff agreed to reach out to TAP department and follow up on Task Force regarding preparation for Rams games. Ellen Blackman shared information on a project called Move LA and a meeting scheduled March for 11, 2016.
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
Frank Chavez commented regarding an employee that would be a great candidate for the Service Excellence Award.
Meeting adjourned at 12:59 p.m.